Grey RTV Gasket Maker Neutral Type
Mode of application
Gray Gasket Maker is a general purpose, high temperature grey, RTV silicone gasket. The product is designed for elevated temperatures (can withstand temperatures up to +343 C) and meets the standards of modern car manufacturers. Silicone sealant can be used to repair gaskets in Japanese car engines, to replace gaskets in the crankcase cover of gearboxes, thermostat housings, intake manifolds, oil pans, as well as to seal and connect parts in various household appliances.
BENEFITS OF AIM-ONE GRAY SEALANT:
- increased heat resistance (up to + 343 C);
- neutral (odourless);
- safe for oxygen sensors;
- resistant to water, antifreeze and lubricants.
Gasket Maker is a silicone based product that hardens up at room temperature. It is a neutral material that does not react with other substances, including aggressive ones. The sealant is not destroyed by automotive oils and other technical fluids, and it does not oxidise the metal. The product is easily applied by simply squeezing out of the tube. It practically does not emit any odour. The composition takes shape within 1 hour and complete hardening occurs in 18-24 hours. During operation, the silicone retains flexibility and elasticity, excellently withstands vibration, mechanical loads, compressive pressure and rupture.
- Thoroughly clean the surface to be treated
- Pierce the seal of the tube with the upper side of the cap, put on the supplied nozzle, cut the tip of the nozzle to the desired size
- Apply sealant around the perimeter of the cleaned surface, forming a layer 2-3 mm thick
- Let it dry for 8-12 minutes
- Connect parts required for sealing
- Remove excess silicone
- Silicone will harden within an hour and will be fully stiffened within 18-24 hours